Sunday, June 29, 2014

Still A Dreamer- Illustration by Josie DeVora Speed Painting





Here's the story:

This is a complicated piece. Today I felt a bit darker, so I decided to go deep, like the ocean...ooh, deep.

I was watching the Muppet Movie today to cheer myself up and was reflecting on my childhood.  As a kid I was often lost in my own mind. To go somewhere else then where I really was. I often imagined myself playing in a cartoon world like in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit', talking to the muppets or starring at my dog to guess what she was thinking. These where fun games for me to play. In a world that sometimes seems to only get darker and darker it helps to try to find some light. Even if that light has to come from within.  I know this seems like an odd illustration but it makes sense to me. It depicts my inner darkness leaking out and turning into a better place and state of mind.


credits:
The song is originally sung by Jim Henson/Kermit the frog. Its called Rainbow Connection. But this version is sung by Sarah McLachlan. If you want to look more into them, Google them. :)