Friday, August 15, 2014

Funny Guy, a Tribute to Robin Williams


(My original Reaction post)

I am still in compleat shock of the loss of Robin Williams. Though I never had the chance to meet him, he really played a big role in my life. To some he was just another actor, but to me he was my childhood, he was My Genie, My Doctor,My Nanny and my Peter Pan.


Yes, there are bigger problems in the world, yes there are more important people. But none of that matters to me, because there is always more sadness and always more wars. 
What matters to me is the jokes and the smiles and the laughter of the everyday that makes life feel a little less dark. 

So Thank you Mr. Williams. Thank you Leslie Nielsen. Thank you Lucille Ball for taking a 5 year old boy with very dark days and filling them with laughter. And helping me forget, if even for a moment the sad reality of my darkest of moments. Thank you for reminding me to smile and genuinely teaching me that you can change the world with a joke and a smile. You made me a better person and will always remind me to make others laugh, it can change their day or their lives. And in some cases save them. 

Try to make someone smile today. And every day after that, It's what he would have wanted. 


( This is a illustration I had to draw to let all my sadness out and remind me to smile again. It's just a brief glimpse of all the faces he tried on for us. Sometimes we/I try so hard to make others laugh we forget to laugh ourselves. Luckily laughter is contagious. I will post the finished illustration when I finish it tomorrow. For now Goodnight Peter.)
 — with Robin Williams.

Can you count all the movie referances?





This piece was inspired by all the ways I knew a man that I never met. He was an amazing actor and human being. In his lifetime he helped more then 50 different charities raise money and awareness. He also helped thousands, if only for a little while, forget their troubles and just laugh.

I really enjoyed doing this illustration and reflecting on all the ways he inspired my personality and sense of humor as I was growing up.

IN HIS MEMORY, I decided that I would donate 50% of the proceeds from the sales of these prints to some of the causes that he fought so hard for. So in this way I could try to effect the world in the way that he did.


To purchase a print and make a donation to these causes check out my Shop at

RoosterPOP.com